- 1 hour to make Print This
- Serves 4
- Submission and comment by Sinead Waters
A satisfying supper and healthy favourite
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 carrot , finely diced
- 1 celery stick
- 450g minced lamb
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300ml beef stock
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp water
- 4 baked potatos
- Kilmeaden Mature Grated Red Cheddar
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion, garlic, diced carrot and celery stick for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the minced lamb and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned, then add the sun-dried tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the beef stock and cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes until very tender.
- Season well.
- Mix the cornflour with cold water to a paste, stir in and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over baked potatoes and top with kilmeaden grated cheddar