- 40-45 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 3
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
Gorgeous with parma ham and pesto
3lbs strong white flour
2 tsp salt
2 oz fresh yeast or ½ oz yeast powder
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of white sugar
¾ litre lukewarm water (approx 37C)
300g Grated Kilmeaden red or white mature cheddar
1 bunch of freshly chopped chives
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, cheese & chives.
- With the bread hook attached to your mixer, mix at a low speed (1-2).
- Using your fingertips dissolve the yeast in a little of the luke warm water.
- Add the dissolved yeast to the flour mix.
- Gradually pour in the water until the mix has formed a dough.
- Leave the dough to mix for a further 4 minutes allowing the bread hook to knead the dough.
- Turn off the mixer, remove the bowl and cover the top with cling film. Leave the bowl in a warm area until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into 3 equal portions.
- Shape the dough into 3 greased loaf tins.
- Bake @ 180c for 20 -25 minutes in a pre heated oven. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.