- 15 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 2
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
A real delight!
½ a French loaf baguette, cut into 1cm thick rounds
½tsp Oregano, freshly chopped
1 tbsp basil, freshly chopped
6 vine tomatoes, seeds removed & chopped
5 black olives, chopped (optional)
1 finely diced shallot
Kilmeaden Red or White Cheddar, finely grated
Salt and ground black pepper
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F, Gas 5
- Place sliced baguette rounds onto a flat baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then bake in the oven for 5 minutes until golden in colur.
- In a bowl mix together all the other ingredients. Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a small spoon of this mix on top of each of the toasted baguette rounds & serve.