- 2-2.5 hours to make Print This
- Serves 4
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
Good enough to share
4 large potatoes, scrubbed
Olive oil spray
50g grated Kilmeaden Cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mild tomato salsa, sour cream spring onion or a dip of your choice
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the potatoes on the shelf in the oven and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly before handling.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the soft potato flesh, leaving some close to the skin. Cut each piece into 2 or 3 pieces lengthways.
- Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper. Place the potato skins on the baking tray and spray generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with Kilmeaden cheddar cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until skins are golden and crispy. Serve with the salsa or dip of your choice.