- 30 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 6
- Submission and comment by Ursula Barkley
Little bites of summer on a plate. Delicious picnic treats for the whole family.
1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
85g Kilmeaden mature grated red cheddar
1/3 sweet red pepper
1/3 yellow pepper
140ml Avonmore milk
50ml Avonmore cream
Chives to decorate
*This is a great recipe for using up any vegetables and meat you may have in the fridge and I have also made them with chicken and broccoli or bacon and leek.
How to make it
- Lightly grease a cupcake baking tray.
- Using a large cookie/scone cutter (I used a 31/2 inch one), cut out 12 puff pastry bases and place them in the greased baking tray. Each one should fit like a bun case.
- Chop up the onions, mushrooms and peppers into small strips and gently fry for about 5 minutes in some olive oil to soften.
- Into a jug, gently whisk the eggs. Add the milk, cream and Kilmeaden cheese and mix together.
- Spoon the onion, mushroom and pepper mixture evenly into the individual moulds in the baking tray.
- Add the egg mixture to each. Do not overfill.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C.
- Remove easily with a dessert spoon.
- Decorate with some chopped chives and enjoy with a green salad and a glass of wine!