- 15-20 mins to make Print This
- Serves 1
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
A family favourite
10g unsalted butter
30g Kilmeaden Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 thick slice ham, finely chopped
How to make it
- Beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the butter in an omelette pan until foaming. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook for a few minutes.
- Place the cheese and three-quarters of the ham into the centre of the omelette and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Increase the heat to high and cook the omelette for a further 30 seconds, or until it browns on the bottom.
- Fold the omelette in half, then remove the pan from the heat and tilt it slightly to move the omelette to the edge of the pan.
- Slide the omelette onto a serving plate, shape it into a roll and enjoy. Sprinkle over the remaining ham.