- 30-35 mins to make Print This
- Serves 6-8
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
Delicious any time of the day
2 tspns unsalted butter
1 large onion, sliced
8 large eggs
200g diced ham
1 tbsn chopped fresh herbs
200g Kilmeaden grated Cheddar Cheese
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Transfer onions to a bowl to cool.
- Stir the onions, ham, herbs and cheese into the eggs.
- Pour the frittata mixture into a pan and stir to make sure the fillings are evenly arranged. Cook, stirring gently for the first minutes of cooking then let the mixture cook undisturbed until the bottom sets, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the eggs are just set and brown, about 5 minutes. Take care not to overcook or the eggs will be dry.
- Remove from the oven, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Invert the frittata onto a large plate or platter. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.