- 40 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 2
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
An delicious accompaniment for any main course
1 small onion, sliced
½ clove garlic crushed and chopped
1 tbsp butter
Salt and ground black pepper
Generous pinch of oregano
Half a large courgette
2 -3 vine tomatoes
Half a cup of Avonmore milk
Half teaspoon of French mustard
50g Kilmeaden Cheese, grated
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the butter until soft. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Place the onions in a round shallow ovenproof earthenware dish.
- Slice the courgette and tomatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper and then arrange them in overlapping alternate slices on top of the onions. Whisk the eggs, milk and mustard together. Stir in the grated Kilmeaden and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake in oven until set and golden brown – about 20minutes.