- 30 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 4
- Submission and comment by Niall Dunbar
Baked macaroni pasts with a cheese sauce of milk, butter, flour and Kilmeaden Cheddar
- Flour 70g
- butter 70g
- Breadcrumbs 70g
- Kilmeaden Mature White Cheddar 250g
- Milk 800ml
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 250g macaroni
How to make it
- Grate breadcrumbs and mix with 50g of grated cheese
- Boil macaroni as per instructions…8 mins usually
- Melt butter on large pan and add flour.
- Mix and add milk 250mls at a time. Mixing continuously, when all milk has been added remove from heat.
- Grate the remaining 200g of Kilmeaden cheddar and add to mix
- Strain the cooked macaroni under boiling water so it does not stick
- Add the macaroni to the Kilmeaden cheese sauce and mix through
- Grease a oven dish and add the macaroni cheese to the dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and Kilmeaden cheese mix over the top and bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 17 minutes
- Serve hot and enjoy