- 20 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 10
- Submission and comment by Sheila Byrne
Serve these delicious little savoury tarts hot or cold as finger food at buffets or drinks parties
175g ready to roll short crust pastry
1 egg, beaten
50g Kilmeaden Mature Red Cheddar
3 Spring Onions, chopped finely
How to make it
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a biscuit cutter, stamp out 10 rounds from the pastry and line a bun tin.
To make the filling:
- Whisk together the beaten egg, cream, grated cheese and chopped spring onions.
- Season with sat and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pastry cases and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for about 20-25 minutes or until the filling is just set.
- Serve hot or cold.