- 20 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 4
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
A lovely side dish for a dinner party
1 small onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 tbsps olive oil
1 aubergine, roughly chopped
2 small courgettes, roughly chopped
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
225g chopped tomatoes
Salt and black pepper
½ tsp oregano
2 tsp sugar
225g Kilmeaden White mature Cheddar cut in cubes
How to make it
- Fry the onions followed by the garlic in the olive oil in a saucepan until soft.
- Then add the aubergine and continue to fry.
- After a minute or two, add in the tomatoes and all of the remaining vegetables.
- Season well with the salt and pepper, and then add the oregano and sugar.
- Cook gently, (lid on) for about 20 minutes until soft. Before serving add in the cubed Kilmeaden white mature cheese and heat through.