- 25 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 4-6
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
A really delicious snack that everybody loves!
450g self raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
Small pinch of fresh ground pepper
50g Avonmore butter cut into small cubes
175g Grated Kilmeaden Red Mature Cheddar
2 large eggs
150ml Avonmore milk
1 tsp of dijon mustard
How to make it
- Put the flour, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Using your fingertips rub in the butter until fully dispersed.
- Mix in the grated Kilmeaden Red Mature Cheddar.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and mustard.
- Add the liquid a little at a time to the dry ingredients and mix into a soft dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface, knead lightly, flatten and roll out to about 2cm (3/4 inch deep).
- Cut into squares and bake on greased baking sheets @ 190C for 15 minutes until well risen and brown.