- 30-35 minutes to make Print This
- Serves 2
- Submission and comments by our Kilmeaden Chef.
Light and easy to make
500g rooster potatoes, peeled
1 small onion, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
100g Grated red or white Kilmeaden Mature Cheese
A handful of washed spinach leaves, stalks removed
Salt and ground black pepper
How to make it
- Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible and dry with kitchen roll.
- Sauté the potatoes and onions in a small frying pan (about 20cm) in the olive oil over a medium heat, turning frequently, until softened but not browned.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a fork and then mix in the Kilmeaden Grated Cheddar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, stir in the spinach leaves and then cover with a lid. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the omelette is set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip on to a plate then slide the omelette back into the pan, so that the cooked side is on top.
- Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown the bottom.